JORDI ( JORDI JORDA )
JORDI was originally a "figurative" painter, later becoming an "abstract" painter while at the same time working in film-based photography.
Afterwards, and for about thirty years, the evolution of his research led him to the creation of an artistic pattern of universal character. It is a “Form”, a kind of archetype consisting of two straight lines and two curved ones symmetrically identical.
With this “Form”, JORDI has highlighted the "primordial artwork" and the concept of singularity but also of multiplicity, as a pictographic or a musical form of writing. This unique language ( except for photography, which has retained its own identity) has progressively become his trademark.
During his childhood, this artist developed a great curiosity for the things of Nature...So it is not by mere chance that we can find in his work, (besides his treatment of light,and the presence of transparency and translucency), such themes as the “four elements” (sky/air, earth, water, and fire), Nature in general and biodiversity, the protection of the Environment, as well as the question of Time. Reflexion about opposites often in reference to “ Yin-Yang ” completes this omnipresent “Art and Nature” aspect of the artist’s research, to which geometry contributes its rigour. These unifying threads are recurrent in the development of his artistic work.
A single, authentic “Form” and also a veritable “visual tool” when dealing with diversity, this pictograph is presented in 2 and 3 D, and keeps its own specificity in different mediums: works on paper, paintings, sculptures/installations, photographs/videos and design. A single “Form” and several techniques functioning as a “trademark” which allows a transverse approach in his artistic practices, is a concept particularly dear to the artist, who wants it to be all-embracing and radical. This language is immediately identified, but like every living language it evolves, constantly following new pathways.
However, from his debut as a landscape painter referring to "Ecological art", to his conceptual work using" the Form" which has become his artist's "signature", Jordi has remained faithful to "Anthropocene art".
Either with a particular concept of plastic photographies, or , of course, using his recurring "Form"/his trademark with other mediums, it is with passionate but calm commitment that JORDI pursues his remarkable journey with a strongly conceptual form of art that is mostly "accessible", and is at times humorous and playful.
- Jardin de sculptures du Journal la Dépêche/Midi Libre - Montpellier (St Jean de Védas) - (groupe) exposition de 2 sculptures monumentales jusqu'au mois de novembre 2021.
- Parc de sculptures du Mas de La Feuillade - Agence d’architecture « A+ Architecture » - Montpellier - (groupe) exposition d'une sculpture monumentale. jusqu'à novembre 2021.
à venir :
*covid 19" oblige...Toutes les expositions prévues pour: le printemps, l'été, l'automne 2020 (notées ci-dessous) ont été reportées: en 2021 ou 2022, et généralement aux mêmes périodes.
- Hommage à Marcel Duchamp - exposition collective " Du champ de Rrose " Eglise des Cordeliers - Avignon - juillet 2021 -
- participation à l'exposition de groupe ''Rapport de Formes'' au Château de Bosc à Domazan (30) - mai/mi-novembre 2021 -
- Jardin de sculptures du Journal la Dépêche/Midi Libre - Montpellier (St Jean de Védas) - (groupe) exposition de 2 sculptures monumentales.
- Parc de sculptures du Mas de La Feuillade - Agence d’architecture « A+ Architecture » - Montpellier - (groupe) exposition d'une sculpture monumentale .
- inauguration en 2021 des 8 sculptures d' arbres sur chacun des 8 ronds points de l’avenue Saint Maurice de la Ville de Palavas-les-Flots. (marché public de prestations intellectuelles).
- Musée Marzelles à Marmande (47) – exposition personnelle, titre : « l’Eloge de la Tomate »- été 2022 -
- Galerie Olivier R Bijon - 20 rue de la République - Arles - juin 2020 - exposition personnelle, titre « Signes de Terre » - prévue en 2020...
Est reportée au mois d'avril 2022 -
Edition récente de livre :
- « Catalogue 2000-2020 Extraits » 74 pages, format 26x21 cm, [ ici visuel = première de couverture ].
80 visuels d’œuvres environ + texte (français et anglais) - commande possible sur ce site: adresser demande à "contact".
Works on paper