JORDI ( JORDI JORDA )
JORDI was originally a "figurative" painter, later becoming an "abstract" painter while at the same time working in film-based photography.
Afterwards, and for about thirty years, the evolution of his research led him to the creation of an artistic pattern of universal character. It is a “Form”, a kind of archetype consisting of two straight lines and two curved ones symmetrically identical.
With this “Form”, JORDI has highlighted the "primordial artwork" and the concept of singularity but also of multiplicity, as a pictographic or a musical form of writing. This unique language ( except for photography, which has retained its own identity) has progressively become his trademark.
During his childhood, this artist developed a great curiosity for the things of Nature...So it is not by mere chance that we can find in his work, (besides his treatment of light,and the presence of transparency and translucency), such themes as the “four elements” (sky/air, earth, water, and fire), Nature in general and biodiversity, the protection of the Environment, as well as the question of Time. Reflexion about opposites often in reference to “ Yin-Yang ” completes this omnipresent “Art and Nature” aspect of the artist’s research, to which geometry contributes its rigour. These unifying threads are recurrent in the development of his artistic work.
A single, authentic “Form” and also a veritable “visual tool” when dealing with diversity, this pictograph is presented in 2 and 3 D, and keeps its own specificity in different mediums: works on paper, paintings, sculptures/installations, photographs/videos and design. A single “Form” and several techniques functioning as a “trademark” which allows a transverse approach in his artistic practices, is a concept particularly dear to the artist, who wants it to be all-embracing and radical. This language is immediately identified, but like every living language it evolves, constantly following new pathways.
However, from his debut as a landscape painter referring to "Ecological art", to his conceptual work using" the Form" which has become his artist's "signature", Jordi has remained faithful to "Anthropocene art".
Either with a particular concept of plastic photographies, or , of course, using his recurring "Form"/his trademark with other mediums, it is with passionate but calm commitment that JORDI pursues his remarkable journey with a strongly conceptual form of art that is mostly "accessible", and is at times humorous and playful.
- "Sculpture passion'' - 20 ans'' - Château de Bosc à Domazan (30) - Parc de sculptures contemporaines- Exposition de groupe dans le parc et à l'intérieur de la galerie ''Art-Bosc'' - jusqu' à la fin octobre 2022.
- Exposition permanente de 8 sculptures d' arbres sur chacun des 8 ronds points de l’avenue Saint Maurice de la Ville de Palavas-les-Flots- Lauréat Marché Public.
- Jardin de sculptures du Journal la Dépêche/Midi Libre - Montpellier (St Jean de Védas) - (groupe) exposition de 2 sculptures monumentales jusqu'à la fin novembre 2022.
- Parc de sculptures du Mas de La Feuillade - Agence d’architecture « A+ Architecture » - Montpellier - (groupe) exposition d'une sculpture monumentale. jusqu'à la fin novembre 2022.
à venir :
- Commande d'une oeuvre monumentale de la série "les Arbres de JORDI" (en cours de réalisation),
par le groupe VINCI Immobilier, pour une résidence en construction, et ce dans le contexte de la Charte: " Un immeuble une Oeuvre '' .
Edition récente de livre :
- « Catalogue 2000-2020 Extraits » 74 pages, format 26x21 cm, [ ici visuel = première de couverture ].
80 visuels d’œuvres environ + texte (français et anglais) - commande possible sur ce site: adresser demande à "contact",
ou bien aux librairies Sauramps du Polygone et du Musée Fabre à Montpellier.
Works on paper